What is the closest airport?
The Colorado Springs Airport is located 52 miles from The Nature Place. Denver International Airport is located 2 ½ hours from our conference center. It is best to fly into Colorado Springs where we can help plan airport transportation service.
How far is it from Colorado Springs and Denver?
We are approximately 100 miles from central Denver and 35 miles from downtown Colorado Springs.
Do you have wireless Internet access?
Yes, and it is complimentary for all our guests.
Can I use my cell phone at The Nature Place?
Most carriers provide a bar or two in certain on campus locations, Verizon is best here. We do have landlines available for personal or professional needs.
What is the closest town to The Nature Place?
Florissant is located 10 minutes from our facilities and has a few convenience stores and gas stations. The closest town of size is Woodland Park, which is a 30-minute drive east on Highway 24. Several grocery stores, restaurants, health food stores, Walgreens, Wal-Mart and a movie theater are located there.
How early should I book for my stay?
We recommend you book at least two-to-three months ahead of your event. Summer and fall months fill up the quickest and many of our repeat clients reserve particular dates 2-4 years in advance. Please call the office at 719-748-3475 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a laundry service?
Yes, we can provide laundry service for you.
Do you have access to skiing?
Ski Monarch and Breckenridge are approximately 90 minutes from The Nature Place. Keystone and Copper Mountain are a two-hour drive. Depending on snowfall, we sometimes have cross-country skiing on site.
Do you allow pets?
Sorry, we like pets but they are not allowed at our facility. There are several boarding services in Woodland Park and Colorado Springs.
How do I get to The Nature Place?
- Please use this map to guide you here. These written instructions will be very helpful and specific to help you get here without getting lost.
- From Interstate 25 in Colorado Springs, take Highway 24 West (exit 141) toward Manitou Springs and Pikes Peak.
- Stay on Highway 24 through Manitou Springs, Woodland Park, and Divide.
- About 8 miles past Divide on Highway 24 you will reach Florissant.
- Drive through Florissant on Highway 24 then turn left on the gravel road (County. Rd. 46) at the top of the hill just west of town.
- This road is marked with a real estate office (Saddle Up Realty) and a sign for Wagon Tongue Road on the corner. There is also a sign for “Sanborn Western Camps and The Nature Place” at this junction showing where to turn onto Country Rd. 46.
- Follow this road about 2.5 miles, bearing left at the fork. Follow the signs to The Nature Place.
- Go about 1.7 miles and you will reach a covered wagon.
- Go left here, continue up the hill, and we are the first driveway on the right.
- Please drive carefully on unpaved roads-the gravel can be unpredictable, and children, animals, hikers, mountain bikers, and semi-trailers may be encountered at any time.
If you have problems please call us at (719) 748-3475.
And, for those of you with GPS, we are located at: N38 54.14 W105 19.48 but map quest and car GPS systems can get you lost! We recommend you follow these written instructions.